Exel – Saudi Arabia (formally an Olayan / Tibbett & Britten JV) today is part of Deutsche Post World Net family and represents DHL Exel Supply Chain Saudi Arabia division and the joint venture with Olayan Group established in the early stage of 2002.
The joint venture supports the operations of Olayan companies in Saudi Arabia and also offers a broad range of contracted logistics services to other companies in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. In addition to traditional warehousing and distribution, the company specializes in international supply chain management, value-added and pre-retailing, e-commerce, bonded warehousing and information management services.
Exel-Saudi Arabia operates a network of multi-temperature, multi-user facilities across Saudi Arabia in the major cities of Riyadh, Al Khobar, Dammam Bonded Zone, Jeddah and Abha and offers more than 150,000 pallet positions across KSA. The company has more than 1,000 logistics personnel in 20 locations around the kingdom and a fleet of more than 300 temperature controlled and ambient vehicles nationwide.
The company offers a variety of services including:
- Collection and / or transfer of goods from overseas suppliers to the port of origin
- Arrangement of inbound sea and / or air freight at Jeddah, Riyadh Dry Port, Dammam and Dammam Bonded Zone using DHL Exel’s global purchasing power
- Storage and / or transport of ambient, chilled and frozen products from ports of entry
- Assembly of goods at our Distribution Centres to meet customer orders
- Delivery of orders from DHL Exel Distribution Centres to retail outlets
- Scheduled and non-scheduled service from UAE to KSA
- Logistics & Supply Chain, Complete Solution Design and Property Consultant
Logistics & Supply Chain, Complete Solution Design and Property Consultant
In addition, DHL Exel provides scheduled and non-scheduled service to our clients enabling them to transfer goods between sites when they need to reposition inventory (typically, as goods enter a KSA port, clients often need to reposition part of the consignment to other regions).
DHL Exel has invested heavily in new IT Solutions. The company is currently running the Exceed Warehouse Management System across its sites which can be operated in English and Arabic, be “web enabled” to give clients visibility of their inventory and can also be interfaced with clients’ ERP systems.