Launched in Saudi Arabia's Eastern Province in 1947, General Contracting Company (GCC) - the very first company of The Olayan Group - soon grew into a Kingdom-wide equipment distributor and dealer. During its half century of growth, GCC has garnered many awards from both its international partners and key customers.
Superior performance is its hallmark.
Through its network of branches throughout Saudi Arabia, GCC sells and services everything from electrical power generating equipment (diesel and wind turbines) to tractors, combines, trucks, loader attachments, buses and even fire trucks. It serves a variety of sectors - transportation, agricultural, construction, civil and many others.
GCC's brands include such world leaders as:
- Amco Veba: Truck cranes
- CNH / Case: Construction & agricultural equipment
- Cummins: Engines & power generation systems
- Fleetguard: Diesel engine filters
- Irizar: Inter-city & long distance buses
- Mailleux: Loader attachments
- Paccar International: Kenworth trucks
- Razol: Disc harrows & cultivators
- Scania: Medium & heavy trucks
- Siemens VDO Automotive: Fleet management systems
- Terex: Earth-moving equipment
- GCC is headquartered in Al-Khobar. It has branches in Abha, Hail, Jeddah, Jouf, Madinah (Medina), Qassim, Riyadh, Tabuk and Wadi Dawasir. In addition, GCC operates in Kuwait through its affiliate, General Transportation & Equipment Co. (GTE).
- Sales and service are provided through GCCs seven divisions:
- Energy Business Solutions (EBS) & Rental
- Industrial & Marine
- Specialized Services (custom trucks and attachments)
More than 80% of the members of GCCs sales force have engineering degrees. All divisions are supported by a full-fledged after-sales team for parts and service.